Sonntag, 29. November 2009

reign of terror



In this video from YouTube you'll find a very interesting excerpt of the Irish song Reign of Terror originally written by Joe McDonnell. The song appears in the context of Hidden Agenda by Ken Loach. one of my favorites movies ever.
These are the lyrics:

Through those many months' interment in the Maidstone and the Maze
I thought about my land throughout these days.
Why my country was divided? Why I was now in jail?
Imprisoned without crime or without trial.
And though I love my country I am not a bitter man.
I've seen cruelty and injustice at first hand.
Then one fateful morning I shook bold freedom's hand.
For right or wrong I tried to free my land.

And you dare call me a terrorist, while you look down your gun
when I think of all the deeds that you have done.
You have plundered many nations, divided many lands,
you have terrorized their people, you’ve ruled with an iron hand
and you've brought this reign of terror to my land.

Keine Kommentare: